Sussex Teachers are working with a small primary school in Brighton to find an Individual Needs Assistant to join their Lower KS2 team, full-time, Monday – Friday. This central Brighton community school are looking for an INA with SEND experience to join their team until Christmas.
About the school
You will be joining a popular and oversubscribed school that benefits from a forward-thinking and supportive Senior Leadership Team. The school is situated in central Brighton with excellent public transport links as well as a staff car park. The school is proud of its Eco School Award and benefits greatly from being part of the Brighton City Partnership for Education (BCPfE), a group of primary and nursery schools that work in close collaboration to improve teaching and learning and “achieve excellence together”. This central Brighton school has excellent transport links with buses from across Sussex, Brighton and Hove a few minutes walk and Brighton train station an 8-minute walk.
We are looking for a committed, caring and well-motivated person to join this successful and friendly school as an Individual Needs Assistant. This role could involve supporting small groups of children or working with individuals both in and out of the classroom, in a warm, positive and accepting way. You will be working within a supportive team in a school that is committed to inclusion, ensuring all children are respectful, safe and ready to learn. This is a full-time role starting on the 13th of November and continuing until Christmas.
- Assist the teacher in planning and delivering age-appropriate lessons and activities that align with the National Lower KS2 Curriculum.
- Promote positive behaviour and interactions among children, helping them develop social skills, share, take turns, and express their emotions.
- Provide one-on-one support to children with an EHCP; adapting lessons and activities to accommodate the different children’s learning styles and abilities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding, behaviour, health and safety and inclusion policies, and ensure any concerns or incidents are reported appropriately.
- You are available full-time, term time only.
- You have recent experience supporting learners with SEN.
- You have a good understanding of the KS2 curriculum and understand the principles of child development and learning processes.
- You have basic literacy and numeracy skills, either GCSE or equivalent (National 4 or 5 qualifications in Scotland) in Maths and English.
- You will undergo an enhanced criminal records check through the Disclosure and Barring Service or already hold a DBS Certificate that is on the Update Service.
- Well-behaved and respectful children.
- A strong partnership between staff, pupils and parents/carers that allows everyone to contribute to the success of the school.
- Diverse and inclusive school community built on a foundation of Equality and mutual respect for all.
- Working within a professional and supportive environment with opportunities for CPD.
- Paid a competitive daily rate.
- Supported by a specialist education consultant who is on hand for feedback, advice, and concerns before, during and after this placement.
If you would like more information on this position, please call Kim Taylor on 01273 626800. If this position isn’t quite right for you, but you would like to register your interest in daily or long-term supply roles please email your CV/recent application form to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive updates about our current teaching positions.
Sussex Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees and candidates are treated with respect, dignity, and fairness. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Sussex Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our employees to share in this commitment. Our vetting process follows the DfE's Safer Recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines, and these requirements will be discussed with you prior to registration.
This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Interested? Apply Below. :)
For more information please contact Kim at 01273 626800 or email@example.com