Sussex Teachers are working with a small village primary school in Lewes who are looking for a part-time teaching assistant to join their Early Years (Reception/EYFS) team as soon as possible.
About the school
A vibrant and friendly primary in the heart of Lewes, the school benefits from a strong community feel, with supportive governors and active parent body. The school passionately believe in developing the whole child, seeing children as individuals with unique interests and needs. Due to its central location the school is easily accessed by public transport, situated a 10-minute walk from Lewes train station or a short walk from the Regency bus routes.
- Support class teacher in delivering creative and fun Early Years curriculum, utilising the dedicated Foundation Stage “free flow” classroom and outside learning areas.
- Provide additional guidance to pupils during class activities, either on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
- Follow the school’s behaviour policies and positive reward systems to ensure a consistent and fair approach.
- Plan and deliver Literacy, Numeracy and Phonics sessions to small groups.
- You will be available Monday – Friday, mornings only, from 8.30 – 1pm until Christmas 2023, possibly until the end of the 2023/2024 academic year.
- You have recent experience supporting learners within Nursery, Early Years and/or KS1 classes with knowledge of the EYFS curriculum.
- You understand the principles of child development and learning processes.
- *We are very keen to hear from candidates with experience with “Talk for Writing”, “Read, Write Inc” and Power Maths, however this is desirable experience and not essential as you will receive in house training in supporting the delivery of these schemes. *
- Term-time only, 20 hours per week.
- Working with children with outstanding behaviour and excellent attitudes to learning.
- Supportive and friendly colleagues.
- Working within a professional and encouraging environment with opportunities for CPD.
- Supported by specialist education consultant who is on hand for feedback, advice, and concerns before, during and after this placement.
If you would like more information on this position, please call Kim Taylor on 01273 626800 or email your CV/application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sussex Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees and candidates are treated with respect, dignity, and fairness. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Sussex Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our employees to share in this commitment. Our vetting process follows the DfE's Safer Recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines, and these requirements will be discussed with you prior to registration.
This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Interested? Apply Below. :)
For more information please contact Kim at 01273 626800 or email email@example.com.