Sussex Teachers is seeking an experienced and dedicated SEN Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join an award-winning SEN school in the West Sussex countryside. The school are looking for an LSA with SEN experience to join them ASAP on a temporary basis, with the opportunity for the position to turn permanent.
About the school:
The school is a multi-award-winning specialist school for young people aged 11-19 with a diagnosis of autism. The school serves the needs of students with EHCP’s from a range of different Local Authorities, including West Sussex, East Sussex, Surrey, Brighton and Hove, and several London Boroughs. The school is not accessible by public transport, so you will need to be able to drive.
- Supervise and provide support for specific pupils and/or groups of pupils with special educational needs and social emotional and mental health difficulties, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Promote high standards of behaviour, and encourage self-esteem and independence by helping to create a supportive, secure, safe and structured learning environment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education and Health Care Plans / Behaviour Plans
- Establish positive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to their individual needs.
- Provide feedback to pupils about progress and achievement, under the guidance of the teacher.
- Help set up the classroom with materials, resources, and displays that cater to the developmental needs of young children.
- Promote positive behaviour and interactions among children, helping them develop social skills, share, take turns, and express their emotions.
- Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding, behaviour, health and safety and inclusion policies, and ensure any concerns or incidents are reported appropriately.
- Recent experience supporting learners with ASC, SEND and SEMH difficulties.
- Available for full-time work Monday – Friday from 8.30 am – 3.15 pm, working until at least Christmas, ideally until the end of this academic year.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience and adaptability when faced with a variety of different situations.
- Effective communicators: able to foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Well organised with the ability to work proactively with students using your initiative.
- Patient, kind and caring with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook.
- Competitive salary package and pay progression.
- Award-winning school with excellent facilities and grounds, surrounded by countryside with a strong ethos of developing young people's confidence and independence.
- Support from Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists
- Specialist Teachers and a strong, committed and collaborative leadership team.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- Opportunities for training and further development.
- Supported by a specialist education consultant who is on hand for feedback, advice, and concerns before, during and after this placement.
How to Apply:
If you are a dynamic and dedicated Teaching Assistant, Individual Needs Assistant or Learning Support Assistant looking for a rewarding position, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV or application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01273 626800 to hear more.
Sussex Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees and candidates are treated with respect, dignity, and fairness. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Sussex Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our employees to share in this commitment. Our vetting process follows the DfE's Safer Recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines, and these requirements will be discussed with you prior to registration.
This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Interested? Apply Below. :)
For more information, please contact Mike at 01273 626800 or email@example.com