Are you a passionate and experienced English Teacher looking for a new opportunity in a different school working environment? Sussex Teachers, a leading teaching agency, is currently seeking an English Teacher to join the esteemed education faculty at Michael Hall.
This role is to teach GCSE and A-Level English Language in the Upper School. The successful candidate will also contribute to the Waldorf programme in English (depending upon experience and specialist knowledge) including topics such as Creative Writing, Narrative Tradition and Romantic Literature. These topics are taught outside of the GCSE and A-level framework and so there is scope to be creative with the curriculum content. This role will also contribute to class/pupil support positions
- To teach GCSE/A-Level English
- To undertake Main Lessons (the Waldorf curriculum programme)
- Maintain regular and productive communication with parents
- To attend Subject teacher and Faculty meetings
- To engage with the wider School community as Tutor and later Guardian
- To complete half termly tracking and annual reports on all pupils taught
- To liaise with Tutors and Class Guardians on individual students and Class needs and development
- To attend inset and professional training
- To organise and undertake School trips
- To be open to developing an understanding of Steiner Waldorf child development and education
- Teaching English to 12-18 year olds in exam and non-exam classes
- Provide a nurturing classroom and school environment that helps students to develop as learners
- Ensure our Safeguarding policies are followed at all times to safeguard the children in our care
- To provide outstanding teaching and learning within a Steiner Waldorf School environment
- To ensure a supportive and innovative education experience (that shows the progress of students commensurate to their abilities)
- Prepare, deliver and assess learning to a high standard
- Act as a strong role model for developing adolescents
- Recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, QTS or Steiner Waldorf)
- Possess good subject knowledge (new GCSE specification)
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
- Passion for teaching English
- Supportive of students’ development within the academic, social and
- emotional spheres.
- Has good communication, planning and organisational skills.
- To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and transform pupil attainment.
- Commitment to ongoing improvement and learning.
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
- To work as part of a team of committed teachers
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Create and sustain a positive class culture
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries,
- sanctions, praise and rewards.
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to excellence.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Supportive work environment with a dedicated team.
- A pioneering In-House Teacher Training Programme
How to Apply:
If you are an enthusiastic and passionate English Teacher eager to impact students' lives, please apply here or contact Mike on 01273 626 800.
Interested? Apply Below. :)
At Sussex Teachers, we value diversity and inclusion, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. Safeguarding students is essential, and successful applicants will undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’.