Are you hoping to return to teaching after taking Maternity/Paternity leave?
Sussex Teachers is a local and independent teaching agency in Brighton and Hove that can support you in returning to the classroom. If working full-time isn’t right for you and your school has been unable to offer a part-time or flexible working contract, we will find teaching jobs that fit your new priorities.
We can assist you in claiming for additional 30 hours of Free Childcare Entitlement (for children aged 3-4 years) by arranging at least 2 days of supply teaching for you per week. You can earn up to £12,575 per year without paying tax and our payroll team will be responsible for deducting the correct amount of tax and NI contributions (if any) required.
By joining our agency, you will be working with personal and friendly advisors who are proud to offer an honest, fair, and local supply chain that benefits our schools and teaching team. We aim to help reduce any potential anxiety upon returning to the classroom, by offering expert support to ease your transition back to work. We can:
- Only notify you of work that is close to your children’s nursery/childcare and within a commutable distance.
- Matching you with teaching jobs in year groups and key stages that you feel comfortable teaching.
- Arranging free training and professional development opportunities, with "CPD" certified Safeguarding and Child Protection in Schools training and new policy updates.
- Offer expert advice on updating your application and personal statement, with free training on interview skills and mock interview preparation.
- A flexible schedule that works around you and your priorities.
- Work in a wide range of diverse and local schools - enhancing your skillset and abilities by sharing best practices and experiences.
- Build your professional network by meeting and collaborating with new teaching colleagues, outside agencies, and senior leaders.
- Opportunity to "Opt-in" to Nest Pension scheme, a portable government scheme that offers you a range of investment options, including ethical and socially responsible funds.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Recent experience teaching or supporting in primary schools.
If you are keen to find out a little more and would like an informal chat please call Kim on 01273 626800 or 07800 573023. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Sussex Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees and candidates are treated with respect, dignity, and fairness. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Sussex Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our employees to share in this commitment. Our vetting process follows the DfE's Safer Recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines, and these requirements will be discussed with you prior to registration.
This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding and interest in joining Sussex Teachers
Interested? Apply Below. :)
How to apply: Please apply online here or call Kim on 01273 626800 for more information