Sussex Teachers are working with a large community primary in Worthing to a find a temporary SEN teacher until Christmas 2023. Are you available throughout for 3 days a week and have experience supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities?
A large and forward-thinking school with creativity, ambition, and drive. Part of the “Schoolswork” Academy Trust, the school is based in East Worthing and has recently been graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted. It has a welcoming and inclusive ethos, that extends to the staff and parents as well as the children who attend the school. The school is easily accessed via public transport with regular bus routes from Brighton, Chichester and Littlehampton, and less than 15 minutes’ walk from East Worthing train station. Alternatively, there is a large staff car park attached to the school that you are welcome to use.
You will deliver appropriate individualised learning and provision for a small group of children, who have a range of learning differences and complex special educational needs.
- Job sharing with an experienced teacher, you will teach 3 days a week, throughout term 2 on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (0.6) from planning and resources provided by your partner teacher.
- Working within a specialist resource provision classroom, you will teach multiple children (maximum of 7 pupils at one time) across key stages 1 and 2.
- Collaborating with class teachers and teaching assistants, you will ensure effective provision for children with EHC Plans, including children with additional needs such as communication and interaction, visual and hearing impairment, as well as children with diagnoses including Autism and Down Syndrome.
- Collaborate with teachers and support staff to ensure a cohesive transition when handing over, communicating your pupils understanding and progress whilst in your care.
- Qualified Teacher Status with induction year(s) completed.
- Good record of high-quality teaching and learning practices.
- Keen interest and experience supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Passionate about inclusion, with the drive to promote equality, equity, and accessibility across the school.
- Successful experience of managing and promoting excellent behaviour of pupils.
- A supportive and friendly team of knowledgeable staff as colleagues.
- Excellent career development opportunities in a school that celebrates all individuals
- The opportunity to be part of a thriving and energetic Academy Trust
- A chance to teach some of the loveliest children in Worthing
If you are passionate about supporting children with SEND please get in touch with Kim on 01273 626800 or email us with your CV/Application form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sussex Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees and candidates are treated with respect, dignity, and fairness. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Sussex Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our employees to share in this commitment. Our vetting process follows the DfE's Safer Recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines, and these requirements will be discussed with you prior to registration.
This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Interested? Apply Below. :)
For more information please contact Kim at 01273 626800 or email email@example.com.