Sussex Teachers are working with a large infant school in central Brighton to find a KS1 teacher to join their team on a regular Friday. Are you immediately available for 1 day a week to teach a Year 1 class?
This is a happy, hard-working school in Fiveways, Brighton, where children are at the heart of everything they do. Ofsted “Outstanding”, with a strong and stable leadership team, the Headteacher is deeply committed to a child-centred approach to learning and unique infant education. They strive to create a welcoming and inclusive school community where children can be happy and excited about their opportunities. Located in the centre of Brighton, the school is close to regular bus routes and is a 5 minute walk from London Road train station.
Covering PPA and leadership release time on a regular Friday for term 2 (beginning at the start of November until Christmas), with planning and resources provided for you to teach from.
- Teaching from lesson plans and resources provided, you will cover a full day of teaching with the same class on a regular Friday for the next 7 weeks.
- Complete marking according to the school’s policy for the sessions you have taught.
- Collaborate with teachers and support staff to ensure a cohesive transition when handing over, communicating your pupils understanding of subjects covered.
- Qualified Teacher Status with recent experience teaching in Key Stage one.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and enjoy working with children.
- Forward thinking, creative and able to make learning fun.
- Able to inspire trust and instil confidence.
- Able to work effectively in partnership with school community.
- Experience using “Letters and Sounds” and/or “Jolly Phonics” would be ideal but not essential.
- the chance to work with a fantastic, dynamic creative staff dedicated to achieving excellence;
- appreciative, well-behaved and enthusiastic pupils;
- supportive, engaged and proactive parents;
- a committed, experienced governing body;
- access to high quality CPD to support and challenge you.
If you are an experienced KS1 teacher available to teach throughout Term 2, please get in touch with Kim on 01273 626800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sussex Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees and candidates are treated with respect, dignity, and fairness. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Sussex Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our employees to share in this commitment. Our vetting process follows the DfE's Safer Recruitment and Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines, and these requirements will be discussed with you prior to registration.
This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Interested? Apply Below. :)
For more information please contact Kim at 01273 626800 or email email@example.com.